Friday, January 9, 2015

This morning I was in Northwest London's infamous back-to-back traffic. The most pressure-cooker driving environment I've ever experienced. I indicated to reverse parallel park into a space. The driver behind me slammed on his hooter aggressively. My nerves became jittery, my blood started to boil and my middle finger twitched. Instead of pulling a sign at him, I took a deep breath and tried to focus on calming myself. Slowly I maneuvered into the tiny space. Somehow I managed to park perfectly. My middle finger was twitching harder by now. But instead, I did something even more unusual than my fluke of a parking move. l made a peace sign and mouthed the word "peace" at the driver, who was now window-to-window with me. To my astonishment, he smiled and gave me a thumbs up! I'm starting to believe we can "find magic everywhere". This blog is a the story of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment